Single Family Developement Land (west Baton Rouge Parish), Port Allen, LA 70767Request info Add to list
Single Family Developement Land (west Baton Rouge Parish) is aland property for lease in Port Allen, LA.
Property One, Inc. has been exclusively engaged to facilitate the disposition of the property in West Baton Rouge Parish, which includes a 689.05 acre tract and a 5.0 acre tract, totaling 694.05. The current use of the land is agricultural on the front and recreational/timber land on the back. Sellers will reserve 100% of mineral rights.
Owner would consider a sale of all or part:
- Entire 694.05 acre tract @ $7,000,000 ($10,085.73 per acre)
- Recreational 335 acre tract @ $1,400,000 ($4,179.10 per acre)
- Single Family Residential/ Commercial 359.09 acre tract @ $6,600,000 ($18,381.84 per acre)
Opportunities and challenges:
- Access: In addition to the Access across Railroad with the extension of Antonio Rd, there are 12 stub-outs from Emily Drive into the property. Street names: Ella St., Emile St., Eva St., Beulah St., Julia St., Melvin St., Marcy St., Ryan St., Ewing St., Sharon St., Ashley St., and Horace St.
- Railroad: Developer will have to negotiate with the Union Pacific Railroad to convert an existing private crossing to a public crossing. Broker spoke to Todd Harris with Union Pacific Railroad, who indicated the process includes obtaining an agreement between DOTD, West Baton Rouge, Developer, and Union Pacific on the improvements required to convert the crossing. He indicated this is a standardized process that takes between six to nine months.
- Wetlands: In 2014 the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) of the USDA conducted a Wetlands Determination of the property in accordance with the Food Security Act of 1985, which indicated there is a total of 331+/- acres of wetlands. Almost all of the wetlands are located in the "Recreational Tract". In order to develop the site, a Developer will need to secure a Jurisdictional Determination (JD) from the Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE).